Curs 10962 Advanced Automated Administration with Windows PowerShell
Module 1: Creating Advanced Functions
In this module students will learn how to parameterize a command into an advanced function. It is designed to teach several key principles in a single logical sequence, by using frequent hands-on exercises to reinforce new skills.
- Converting a Command into an Advanced Function
- Creating a Script Module
- Defining Parameter Attributes and Input Validation
- Writing Functions that use Multiple Objects
- Writing Functions that Accept Pipeline Input
- Producing Complex Function Output
- Documenting Functions by using Content-Based Help
- Supporting -Whatif and -Confirm
Module 2: Using Cmdlets and Microsoft .NET Framework in Windows PowerShell
Windows PowerShell provides commands that accomplish many of the tasks that you will need in a production environment. Sometimes, a command is not available but the .NET Framework provides an alternate means of accomplishing a task. Because Windows PowerShell is built on the .NET Framework, it is able to access those alternate means. In this module, you will learn how to discover and run Windows PowerShell commands, and how to use .NET Framework components from inside Windows PowerShell. These two techniques will provide you with the most flexibility and capability for accomplishing tasks in a production environment.
- Running Windows PowerShell Commands
- Using Microsoft .NET Framework in Windows PowerShell
Module 3: Writing Controller Scripts
In this module, students will learn how to combine tools – advanced functions that perform a specific task – and a controller script that provides a user interface or automates a business process.
- Understanding Controller Scripts
- Writing Controller Scripts that Show a User Interface
- Writing Controller Scripts That Produce Reports
Module 4: Handling Script Errors
In this module, students will learn how to perform basic error handling in scripts. The focus will be about how to add error handling to existing tools, primarily as a time-saving mechanism (instead of having students write new tools). A side benefit of this approach is that it will help build the skills that you must have to analyze and reuse existing code written by someone else.
- Understanding Error Handling
- Handling Errors in a Script
Module 5: Using XML Data Files
In this module, students will learn how to read, manipulate, and write data in XML files. XML files provide a robust, yet straightforward way to store both flat and hierarchical data. XML files are more flexible than CSV, more accessible for small amounts of data than SQL Server, and easier to code against that Excel automation.
- Reading, Manipulating and Writing Data in XML
Module 6: Managing Server Configurations by Using Desired State Configuration
In this module, students will learn how to write Desired State Configuration (DSC) configuration files, deploy those files to servers, and monitor servers’ configurations.
- Understanding Desired State Configuration
- Creating and Deploying a DSC Configuration
Module 7: Analyzing and Debugging Scripts
In this module, students will learn how to use native Windows PowerShell features to analyze and debug existing scripts. These skills are also useful when students have to debug their own scripts.
- Debugging in Windows PowerShell
- Analyzing and Debugging and Existing Script
Module 8: Understanding Windows PowerShell Workflow
In this module, students will learn about the features of the Windows PowerShell Workflow technology.
- Understanding Windows PowerShell Workflow
Cine susține cursul?
Cu peste 15 ani experientă în formare profesională, Florin Nicolescu este Microsoft Certified Trainier din 1998.
Până în prezent a instruit peste 5000 de administratori de rețea și ingineri de sistem în tehnologii Windows Server, totodată organizând și susținând prezentări, seminarii și laboratoare hands-on împreună cu Mirosoft România.
Deține ultimele certificări în domeniu printre care MCSE Desktop Infrastructure, Server Infrasturcture și Private Cloud și are o vastă experiență practică în proiecte de infrastructură și preinstalare.